Friday 21 October 2011

First Day in Kenya

I landed in Kenya at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport around 19:30 local time. I walked to to the Visa Desk to get my Visa. I was too tired and was eager to go out from the airport and see my team members at Country Lodge. By the time i got my visa and came out from the airport, Wilson was eager to pick me from the airport.

At the airport, I meet Alex from Digital Opportunity Trust (DoT) Country Program Manager for East Africa. I was eager to meet Alex. This was the first time I was meeting Alex, very good person. I dont have word to express him. A tall well built person with a eagerness to meet all the IBM team 4 members on the Corporate Service Program. He is a humble, and kind person.

Alex, mentioned that Edna and Kunle are also landing Nairobi by 20:30 and 20:55. So we decided to wait and pick Edna & Kunle.

Edna has been traveling for the 20 hours from Mexico. I met Edna at the airport and Alex, We all very eager too meet each other. We three waited for Kunle and finally left to hotel.

Reached Country Lodge around 23:00 too tired and went to Bed.  This was the first day in Nairobi..

- Richard

No comments:

Post a Comment